HDMI to HDMI Cables
Here at kenable, we have the best range of high quality HDMI to HDMI cables. There are many different types of HDMI cables, so firstly we'd like to give a quick brief of the mains types, so you can work out which HDMI to HDMI cables are most suitable for you equipement and HDMI TV. At the bottom of the page there's a quick HDMI to HDMI FAQ - all of your frequently asked questions answered by our experts. If you need any more help, don't hessitate to contacts us:
HDMI is the now de'facto standard for connecting HD devices to HD Displays, whether it be the latest LED TVs, Plasmas, LCD TV or HD projectors. HDMI offers increasingly more performance with every new generation. Originally just bringing us the now 'standard' 720i, 720p and 1080i resolutions, as we see used on SKY HD and Freeview HD here in the UK. It then, through version 1.3 offered the better 1080p with new Deep Colour support, allowing a choice from trillions of colours. Perfect for BluRay and Playstation 3/PS3 high resolution, high quality outputs, all with a Standard HDMI to HDMI cables. Don't forget too, that HDMI to HDMI cables provide high definition audio capabilities too. HDMI supports DOLBY Digital HD surround sound for totally immersive sound experience when using 5.1 or even 7.1 surround systems.
The next ground breaking development to TV's was 3D. HDMI 1.4 allowed the use of 3D on supporting TV's. Using HDMI to HDMI High Speed Cables, 3D is now possible on 3DTV's, bring a whole new dimension to watching films, football and games.
Types of HDMI to HDMI Cables
Standard HDMI to HDMI Cables - for SKYHD, FreeViewHD, FreeSat HD, Virgin HD and DVD's/BluRay's upto 1080i
High Speed HDMi to HDMI Cables - For 3DTV, BluRay at 1080p, HD Gaming at 1080p
Standard HDMI to HDMI Cables with Ethernet Channel - Not very popular as most people use the High Speed HDMI to HDMI Cables with Ethernet Channel - see below
High Speed HDMI to HDMI Cables with Ethernet Channel - All singing, all dancing HDMI to HDMI cable. Supports 3DTV, BluRay, HD Gaming and much much more.
You will find that most standard HDMI to HDMI cables will be able to view 1080p, but to get the most out of your devices, the HDMI.org recommends to use High Speed HDMI to HDMI cables at 1080p resolutions.
Does HDMI to HDMI Cables support DOlby Digital Surround Sound?
- Yes, but that's not all. It supports Dolby Digital HD Sound, which means a much improved soud quality and depth compared to standard Dolby Digital.
What is next for HDMI to HDMI?
- The HDMI v1.4 standard already includes support for an ethernet channel, supports 4k/quadHD displays and includes an audio return channel. The latest HDMI to HDMI High Speed cables all support 4k displays and audio return channel, and some hdmi to hdmi cables also include an ethernet channel.
What does they ethernet channel on hdmi to hdmi cables mean?
- Well, the ethernet channel, using HDMI to HDMI cables with Ethernet cable, will allow you TV to be on the internet, to watching streaming films from the internet will be a lot easier (with the right equipment) and for sharing the HDMI devices with your PCs and laptops. What will start to happen is the blurring of division between AV equipment and computer equipment. You computer will be able to connect to your tv receiver and watch the programs you've recorded and your computer will be be able to operate your tv and surround sound system. All without the need of plugging in extra cables or needing a degree to set it up.
What is 4k or QuadHD when using Hdmi to HDMI Cables?
- 4k or QuadHD will make current High Definition look blurry. It is the next generation of HD, with more the four times more pixels. QuadHD runs at around 4000 pixels by 2000 wide, compared with 1600 x 1080 of current HD. Images will be unbelievably clear and precise, games will be more than realistic and screen sizes can be bigger than ever without losing quality. All through a single hdmi to hdmi high speed cable. Basically it allows an 8 mega pixel image to be displayed. Compare an image from a old sub 2 mega pixel digital camera to a 8 mega pixel digital camera and you'll see the vast difference.
What is an audio return channel on hdmi to hdmi cables?
- HDMI to HDMI cables support the ability for audio from the tv to be sent back to the surround sound system. A normal surround sound Home Cinema will be setup with all of the players connected to the surround sound amp (using hdmi to hdmi cables), so you'll be able to watch your BluRay's, play games from your PS3 and watch SkyHD, all with full Dolby Digital surround sound. But if you are just watching freeview on your tv, a separate cable would be needed to connect from your tv to your amp (normally optical cable). As there is already HDMI to HDMI cables connecting your tv to your amp, this seems a little pointless. Audio Return support on hdmi to hdmi cablses allows you to hear the Surround Sound through your amp without the need for any additional audio cables. This simplifies the connections and allows for the best sound on your home cinema.
Can I get a long HDMI to HDMI cable?
- HDMI to HDMI cables were designed to go around 8m long. But with better construction and clever technology, you can extend to around 60m or longer depending on the resolution that you're running at.
- We sell 10m HDMI to HDMI Cables in Standard and High Speed, 15m HDMI to HDMI Cables in Standard and High Speed.
- We sell 20m, 30m and 40m HDMI to HDMI Cables with Boosters built in.
- We also have 15m Booster Extension HDMI to HDMI Cables
- We have a clever box which allows you to send the HDMI signal over CAT5E or CAT6 Cables (Copper only, not CCA) upto 60m 'over lan'.
- Running High Speed HDMI to HDMI cables is also possible with the Peerless Range of VERY High Quality HDMI to HDMI Cables. These Award Winning HDMI to HDMI Cables are available in 10 metre, 15 metre and 20m cables.